RMF Internet Privacy Statement
Last Updated: January 20, 2020
Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy. This Internet Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.reversefunding.com/, our related sub-domains https://*.reversefunding.com, (collectively referred to as “Website”), and other data collection points that reference this Internet Privacy Statement. Other privacy principles, policies and notices could apply depending on how you interact with us, the financial products or services you may ultimately obtain from us, or the jurisdiction in which we are doing business with you.
If you are a CALIFORNIA consumer and would like information about our online and offline privacy practices and your rights, please see our “California Consumer Privacy Statement.”
Please read this Internet Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use our Website. This policy may change from time to time, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on this Website or on or through any of its features, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we become aware that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete that information from our records. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect certain personal information from you or about you, including through your interaction with our Website, marketing channels and customer support, as follows:
- We collect personal information that you provide to us, such as your name, company name, mailing address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, mortgage balance, home value, and any other information you provide when you request information on our product(s) or service(s), communicate with us, contact our customer support, report an issue with the Website, respond to surveys, or interact with our Website.
- We also may collect information gathered on behalf of our customers relating to their business processes, employees, vendors, and applicants.
Cookies, Scripts and Related Technologies
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used on our Website. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. We also may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the Website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
Collection of Data by Advertisers
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Website, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the Website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
Our Site is not currently designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we collect for various purposes, including the following:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide and enhance the Website services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations, comply with relevant industry standards, and enforce our policies and our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Website; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
- To perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information).
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- In other ways we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We also may use your personal information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your personal information to receive marketing emails, please follow the instructions in the email to opt out or contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We also may disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. If you disable or block cookies, please note that some parts of this Website may not be accessible or function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click the “unsubscribe” feature as available.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, visit YourAdChoices.com powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with the Company. Linked websites typically have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites.
Changes & Updates
This Internet Privacy Statement will be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. If we make changes to our Internet Privacy Statement, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this notice; please review it periodically.
How to Contact Us
To ask questions or comment about this Internet Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com or call 1-855-479-5840.