A Support Guide for Hidden Heroes: Caregivers of Veterans
November is a time of family celebrations and traditions as the official holiday season kicks off. But November 1st also marks the beginning of Military Family Month — honoring the commitment made by the families of our nation's valued service members.
At Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC (RMF), we thank military families for the extraordinary sacrifices they make in support of our military. And we recognize your selfless dedication as a veteran family caregiver. Whether you’re driving your loved one to doctor’s appointments, managing medications or assisting with feeding, bathing and dressing, you’re fulfilling a critical role for your loved one and your country.
Today, there are 5.5 million veteran and military caregivers providing $14 billion in uncompensated care each year. Caregiving is a huge undertaking, but you don’t have to do it alone. Read on to learn more about support and resources for you as the caregiver.
- Caregivers on the Home Front. Established in 2017 by a veteran caregiver, this organization provides veteran caregivers with hope, resiliency and advocacy services, while promoting awareness and education for caregivers and their communities.
- Caregiver Support. Run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, this website provides access to a robust caregiver toolbox and links to find general information as well as local resources to assist you on your caregiving journey.
- Easter Seals Military and Veteran Caregiver. Covering topics like caregiver health, depression and home safety, this resource provides a library of educational sessions for caregivers and their families.
- Project Sanctuary. Rooted in helping military families heal, Project Sanctuary runs six-day, therapeutic retreats and an additional two years of support services for military families, including veterans, spouses, caregivers and children.
- The Elizabeth Dole Foundation. This foundation provides veteran caregiver support resources locally, statewide and nationwide. From respite help to a peer support community, search the program offerings to learn more.
- Semper Fi Fund. This organization offers financial assistance, caregiver retreats, camps for children and other essential resources for wounded, ill or injured veterans and their families.
- Cigna Stress Management Toolkit. While not specific to veteran caregivers, Cigna invites anyone in a stressful position to access podcasts that teach mindfulness exercises to help combat stress.
Financial peace of mind for you and your family
If you’re an older homeowner, and worried about covering the costs of caregiving or life in general as you age, consider the benefits of a reverse mortgage loan. Whether you need funds to cover medical care for you and your loved ones, make home modifications to comfortably age in place or to have access to fast cash, RMF can help you decide if you’re the right candidate for this life-changing financial tool.
RMF recognizes veterans and their families with a Veteran Discount Program. Available to U.S. military veterans and their spouses (including the spouses of deceased veterans), the program can give customers with documentation of their service a credit of up to $450 toward† appraisal costs on their reverse mortgage.
Call RMF at (888) 277-1567 to learn more. We look forward to helping you and your family enjoy brighter years ahead.
This content is sponsored by RMF, one of the nation’s leading reverse mortgage lenders. We are dedicated to helping older Americans live the retirement lifestyles that they imagined and deserve, in the comfort of their own homes. As a result of our commitment to providing an extraordinary and positive customer experience, we have earned a 98% customer satisfaction rating; a 5-star / Excellent score on Trustpilot; 4.5 out of 5 stars on LendingTree; and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Call (888) 277-1567 to speak with one of our experienced reverse mortgage specialists to learn about our retirement financing products and solutions.
†RMF’s Veterans Discount Program is subject to change or cancelation at any time and without notice. This program offering can only be redeemed with Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC. This program offering is valid for an appraisal credit of up to $450.00 off allowable closing costs. In some instances, the credit may be invalid or less due to loan program restrictions. Program offering may not be valid with low cost loan programs or other lender credits. Not available for Home Equity Conversion Mortgage for purchase transactions. Loans currently in process do not qualify. The credit will be applied at the loan's closing and it will be shown on the HUD-1 Settlement Statement. Loans must be closed and funded with Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC as the lender. All loans are subject to approval. Program, rates, terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without notice. Consumers should consider all options and offers and discuss with a loan officer to determine the best product for each consumer’s circumstances. Program offering is not transferable. No cash value. This program offering is not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents. Not valid with any other discount or promotional offers. Some restrictions apply. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.