Welcome! Clear communication is at the root of any good relationship. That’s why Reverse Mortgage Funding, LLC (“RMF”) welcomes any questions you may have regarding reverse mortgage options. RMF manages a live chat service to connect users with a licensed loan originator. However, because mortgage lending is such a highly regulated industry, we have to follow applicable federal and state laws and rules.
Please read and review these Live Chat Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”) carefully. By using the RMF live chat feature (“Chat”) you accept and agree to be bound by these Guidelines, which Guidelines may be updated or changed by us at our sole discretion from time to time without notice to you by updating this posting. If you do not agree with these Guidelines, do not use the Chat. These Guidelines are in addition to and not in lieu of the found on the website.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
a. Content Policies
RMF is private company in a highly regulated industry, and due to this fact, there are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about in the Chat.
The Chat service was built for solely for consumers who are interested in connecting with a licensed loan originator who can provide educational materials or answer general questions they may have regarding reverse mortgage options. To get the most readily available information, current applicants can contact their loan originator and borrowers may contact the Servicing Department at (866) 654-0020. RMF will never ask for sensitive information like social security numbers or account numbers, and you should not provide this information over the Chat. To protect the personal information you provide while using the Chat service, transcripts of the chat will not be made available. At any time, RMF may, at its sole discretion, modify or discontinue this feature without notice. RMF reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.
The Chat should not be used for the following purposes:
- Our Chat should not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Chat should also not be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to IT Security at .
- Our Chat should not be used to send feedback about our products or company, solicit business, or request donations. Please use the Contact Us portion of our Corporate website for those topics.
- Our Chat should not be used for media inquiries. If you are a member of the media, please visit the page in the Reverse Mortgage Funding, LLC website. () for more information and press contacts.
- Please do not use language that is unlawful, obscene, abusive, knowingly false, threatening, pornographic, tortious, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable on the Chat.
- Please do not provide any sensitive information such as social security or credit card numbers.
- Please do not post content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
RMF reserves the right to end the Chat without notice or consent for violations of the Guidelines. Any comments made in the Chat which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
b. Privacy and Security Policies
With respect to information collected through the Chat, RMF follows the provisions listed in our Internet Privacy Statement.